Please allow American farmers to grow industrial hemp by supporting the Industrial Hemp Farming Act (S.134 ad H.R.525) which will:
• Enable American farmers to freely import industrial hemp seeds into the U.S. to grow millions of acres of American hemp without a need for pesticides or herbicides and using 1/3 the water needed for corn.
• Help America rebuild a multi-faceted industry which would generate tens of thousands of jobs for rural farmers and middle income businesses.
• Eliminate the confusion between marijuana and hemp and clarify the myriad of beneficial uses of industrial hemp.
• Clear up the conflicting legal status around the use and sale of products made from hemp extractions.
• End the restrictions surrounding the transportation of seeds and live plants across state boundaries.
• Remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
Thank you very much for your support.